We ask God’s forgiveness for our sins through the sacrament of Reconciliation sometimes called Penance or Confession.
Reconciliation is always available for anyone needing to confess sins, large or small.
Everyone should make frequent use of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
How should I prepare myself for Reconciliation?
- Wait at the chairs outside of the confessional until the priest is available. This is a good time to pray and do an Examination of Conscience.
- Walk into the confessional and sit down across from the priest or kneel at the kneeler.
- Pray the sign of the cross.
- Tell the priest how long it has been since your last confession. (“Bless me father for I have sinned, it has been _____ days/weeks/months/years since I have been to confession.”)
- Name your sins. Many people finish their confession with something like, “for these and all past sins, I am truly sorry.”
- The priest may offer some type of counsel, then gives you some penance to do.
- The priest asks you to say an Act of Contrition
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
- The priest absolves you of your sins. You will cross yourself as he mentions the Blessed Trinity.
- The priest will say something like, “Your sins have been forgiven, now go in peace.”
- You can thank the priest for his time and exit the confessional.
Resources for our Community
Providing educational classes and services to our community.
Mondays from 10:00am to 12:00pm
Wednesdays from 9:00am to 10:30am
Every Wednesday at 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Giving by Online, Text, Paypal
Live Stream Holy Mass
Sunday Mass will continue to be streamed on Facebook. Visit our page to watch the Holy Mass!
Connect with Us
MASS TIMES & OFFICE HOURS
Please join us! We are currently having Daily Liturgy Masses at regular scheduled hours. For Weekday Masses join us online through our Facebook page.
Parish Office Hours
Mondays through Fridays: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday 4:30pm (English)
Sunday 7:45pm (Spanish)
Sunday 10:00am (English)
8:30am: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, & Saturday
If you are in need of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, please call the office to make arrangements